A little help here!!! (Avatar related)

Green_Bird 11-01-2004 02:47 PM
Okay so not really an avatar....but an LJ Icon, close enugh because I might just use it here some day too.....Okay so I tried everything...and this white stuff keeps showing up around the little squares on the side, as well as the border and the squares keep changing color on me (In that I mean they fade into lighter colors....and that doesn't look good on a dark background) could you please fix this...I'm tired of trying to do this when all of the things I did to it won't work.

And since there's black in the picture....I can't edit it in paint! This sucks...so could some one make it look better. Clean it up some....

Thanks...
    Asirt 11-01-2004 05:25 PM
    Hmm... There wasn't really a lot of what I can do to fix it, but here is what I have so far:

Hmm... Seems I need to fix the transparency up a bit. This was the best I can do without losing most of the main image. I'll keep working on it. Smile

Later,
    Trisa

PS. My mind is thinking that this post should be in the "Custom Avatars Request" thread. Then again, I could be wrong...
    Green_Bird 11-01-2004 06:07 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Trisa
    Hmm... There wasn't really a lot of what I can do to fix it, but here is what I have so far:

Hmm... Seems I need to fix the transparency up a bit. This was the best I can do without losing most of the main image. I'll keep working on it. Smile

Later,
    Trisa

PS. My mind is thinking that this post should be in the "Custom Avatars Request" thread. Then again, I could be wrong...

Accualy the little squares on the corner are suposed to be there....it's the white/gray/blue stuff inbeteewn that and the border where it's transparent that I wanted cleaned up....aswell as the color fadeing on the squares and the border.....And besides...that's kind of off center....

I should have been a bit more clear...sorry about that.
    Asirt 11-01-2004 06:12 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Green_Bird

Accualy the little squares on the corner are suposed to be there....it's the white/gray/blue stuff inbeteewn that and the border where it's transparent that I wanted cleaned up....aswell as the color fadeing on the squares and the border.....And besides...that's kind of off center....

I should have been a bit more clear...sorry about that.

EDIT: OK. I think I know what you want now...

I see what you want with the squares, though.

Later,
    Trisa
    Asirt 11-01-2004 08:22 PM

OK... Personally, I don't like how the squares are so close to the main picture. Here is Test Avatar # 2. I cleaned out the white stuff, and it should look better. What do you think of this?

Later,
    Trisa
    Green_Bird 11-01-2004 08:51 PM
    Better, and the squares are suposed to be there, it's basicly in a templet.....But now to make the color around the square and the border dissapear...Where it looks silver on the border and around the squares....that's the trubble I've been having with the thing. other then the white stuff.

Because basicly it's suposed to like have a dark maroon border (and around the squares) but it keeps turning silver.....
    Asirt 11-01-2004 09:00 PM
    All right... I experimented with this, and the silver shouldn't be there anymore, but I wanted to know what you think of test avatar # 3:

Hope I got it this time. Smile

Later,
    Trisa
    Green_Bird 11-01-2004 09:28 PM
    That's basicly what I wanted....though the left side of the border is still kind of silver. and there are still miss-colored pixles around the squares....

This is basicly what it should look like....just with a transparent background and stuff....And I hope I'm not like being too pushy or anything....I don't mean to be.....
      Asirt 11-01-2004 09:47 PM
      Don't worry about being too pushy. Smile

Anyway, do you mean having a transparent background on the guy? If so, here is test avatar # 4. I still need to fix some white things still there, though. Do you still want the black border, or would you like the silver border, like in the original you gave me?

Later,
      Trisa
      Green_Bird 11-01-2004 10:18 PM
      Inbetween the squares and the border is what I ment (Where the gray is on the bmp I posted).....
      Asirt 11-01-2004 10:26 PM

OK... Hopefully this will be the final verison. I hope you enjoy it. Smile

Later,
      Trisa
      Green_Bird 11-01-2004 10:32 PM
      Thanks! That's it ^_^ ....But it's not transparent, or are you going to edit it? I'm a bit confused.
      Asirt 11-01-2004 10:35 PM
      All right. This is what you told me earlier...
      quote:
      Inbetween the squares and the border is what I ment (Where the gray is on the bmp I posted).....

The gray is where I added the transparency. As you can see in the other avatars I made, they have a black border. I made that, and the insides of the top squares transparent, as you said... This is basically what you asked me to do. Smile

Later,
      Trisa

PS. I don't know why I didn't understand your first post to begin with. All you wanted was to fix the transparency on the borders... Guess that's my fault for dragging this request on and on...
      F-14Tomcat 11-01-2004 11:50 PM
      Well, here goes my 2 cents lol

It's basically what Trisa has, but with a transparent background
      Asirt 11-02-2004 09:04 AM
      Thanks, F-14Tomcat. I think the reason why the transparency wasn't viewed earlier is because I put up a PNG file... Here's a GIF version of mine, or you can use F-14Tomcat's version if you like. Smile

Later,
      Trisa