The Offical Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/SAC: 2nd Gig Thread!

Green_Bird 10-30-2004 11:38 PM
I didn't feel right bringing up a dead thread from a year ago, since basicly, the manga have come out already and the DVDs are coming and that thread was full of chit chat about when it would be coming to the US....though if you want, merge them. But this one will be easier to find after it debuts.....Because really, it saves more threads that haven't been anwsered since 2003 to be brought back up....because you really don't want a barage of old threads popping up really.

Next week, GitS: SAC will debute on AS at 12:30 AM! chat here about what you think it'll be like blah blah blah. I might also post little reviews on it too, since WR's over.

So talk about the anime here...
Prons 10-31-2004 01:36 AM
GITS: SAc makes me hot in the pants.
Thats all I really need to say.
IanC 10-31-2004 11:35 AM
Ive seen the first 4 episodes and cant wait for volume 2 of the dvds to come out over here.
thebravest1 10-31-2004 03:48 PM
I am a big fan of the manga and I can't wait to see the movie on AS but the downside is I have to watch it with adds and it will probably have some stuff cut for time reasons. Frown
Tifaria 11-01-2004 08:35 AM
A friend of mine burned the entire series on some CDs and left it at my house last summer, but I've only managed to watch the first episode so far. It was pretty good (and shiny like candy), so I'll be anxious to see it in English.

The soundtracks are awesome. I'll also be anxious to see some of this music in context, because I've been listening to it quite a bit lately.. it's good stuff to have on while I'm working on art or homework.
snapdragon 11-02-2004 01:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
I didn't feel right bringing up a dead thread from a year ago, since basicly, the manga have come out already and the DVDs are coming

*chokes* o_o
there's a manga from SAC ??? And i didn't even know it Crying

besides, i saw the first episode only at a convention 2 years ago. It was much better than the GITS movie : more action, better fluidity of the narration and last but not least better chara design - Motoko looks like a guy in the movie Neutral
The first DVD is available in france but i'll wait for the complete season 1 box, there are now pretty good rates on other series (i.e. 30 bucks for Slayers season 2 is what i last paid) ^^
Green_Bird 11-03-2004 02:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by snapdragon
quote:
I didn't feel right bringing up a dead thread from a year ago, since basicly, the manga have come out already and the DVDs are coming

*chokes* o_o
there's a manga from SAC ??? And i didn't even know it Crying

Not really....everyone like assosiates GitS: Man-Machine Interface with SAC (I beleve it was called SAC before MMI). for some reason. Even though it's completely diffrent....Sorry for the confusion. You can Pre-order the graphic novel from the Dark Horse site....

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-288

Oh and I would like to take the time to say that the first GitS manga will be re printed normal sized and have extra stuff that the first edition. Though it will be issued a parental adviory and will be srinkrapped. I found nothing worng with it....A little graphic but nothing to be worried about....but now I wonder....WHY DID I HAVE TO BUY THE HUGE ONE!?!?

Here's the link....
http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-029
snapdragon 11-03-2004 03:21 PM
quote:

Not really....everyone like assosiates GitS: Man-Machine Interface with SAC (I beleve it was called SAC before MMI). for some reason. Even though it's completely diffrent....Sorry for the confusion. You can Pre-order the graphic novel from the Dark Horse site....

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-288

Oh and I would like to take the time to say that the first GitS manga will be re printed normal sized and have extra stuff that the first edition. Though it will be issued a parental adviory and will be srinkrapped. I found nothing worng with it....A little graphic but nothing to be worried about....but now I wonder....WHY DID I HAVE TO BUY THE HUGE ONE!?!?

Here's the link....
http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-029

ooooh i see ^^
i have Man machine interface already ^^
and for the reprinting, i guess its because they put the original censored pages (which you can find in intron depot 1 and/or scanned online) ^^;;
in Man machine interface too there are 2 versions : the censored one for western market and the original one available in japan only....
in the first manga, two pages were simply cut out while in man machine interface, shirow anticipated it and did a soft version of the page with adult content
C.R Foxhound 11-03-2004 03:26 PM
Motoko is so f'ing Hot in Gits:Sac especially in ep two when shes getting out the Spider tank

oh man, if real cops looked like that i would be a baaaaaaaad boy Big Grin Drooling Drooling Drooling
Green_Bird 11-07-2004 12:12 AM
The music was good....but that was a given. The opening was so cool though.....kind of like FF or something. It is shaping up to be a good series. I have a really bad headache right now....so I'm going to keep this one short and simple.....I'm not going to do a full review on the episode right now...my head hurts too bad.

Basicly Being a fan of the manga....and the Matrix....it was accualy quite good. I haven't seen the first movie. But I guess I don't want to after seeing the series since basicly from what I herd the movie isn't that good....The VAs were a good choice though.

All and all it was a good episode....can't wait to see more!
Raven 11-07-2004 12:35 AM
Hmm.. don't know what to say about this show since I have only seen one eipsode so far. The show seems promising... some nice action and such. Plus I find all the "fanservice" shots to be humerous. I am glad they took Wolf Rain and Trigun off for this and that Alchemist show, cause I really didn't like either of them.
Sharpshooter005 11-07-2004 12:47 AM
Gah. The re-run at 3:30 can't come on fast enough. I haven't seen either of the movies, but this still looks very good.

Too bad I'll be missing next week's episode. But yeah..It's irritating they'll only show this stuff on saturdays. I can think of a number of weekday shows that have been re-run into the ground.
nathjan 11-07-2004 01:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Gah. The re-run at 3:30 can't come on fast enough. I haven't seen either of the movies, but this still looks very good.

Too bad I'll be missing next week's episode. But yeah..It's irritating they'll only show this stuff on saturdays. I can think of a number of weekday shows that have been re-run into the ground.

On November 11, Thursday nights from midnight to 2 a.m. will become Premiere Repeat Nights. This will give our comedy broader exposure and allow action viewers to catch up if they missed the past Saturday’s premiere, which is important as most anime is serial. For example, the schedule for the first Premiere Repeat Night is Squidbillies, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: SAC and Super Milk-Chan. This way any viewer who misses the Saturday and Sunday premieres gets a second chance to catch up in the story.
Sharpshooter005 11-07-2004 02:34 AM
One? Awesome, I can plan to lose sleep now. Thanks for the heads up

Two? It's not even 3 full minutes in, and I already love this show.

Blasting someones foot off, then chastising them for badmouthing the judicial system....Wheres the emoticon that signifies you're bleeding from the eyes at how awesome something is. We need one of those.

Okay..the androids "bleeding"? I may be the only one who thinks this, but that reminds me of Aliens (Bishop bleeds a similar white fluid when torn in half.).

So far, the show has kind of a Deus Ex feel to it. Which is always good.
Mr. Fortnight 11-07-2004 03:55 AM
I was VERY impressed with the opening, and the show itself was TOP NOTCH.

Is this enough to forgive the trolling CN and Adult Swim were doing to us anime fans???

I think it's a darn good start. Kudos to the evil empire.
Wingnut 11-07-2004 11:40 AM
Many familiar voices in this one. I found it particulary interesting to hear Gordan and Alex Rosewater talking to each other, as well as Amon and Jigen working on the same special forces team. And the major, wow. Drooling
Zopwx2 11-07-2004 11:52 AM
Alright are we enforcing spoilers until each episode airs? Becuase I'm just watching them off CN.

First off I'm a guy but still, her lack of clothing is just gratuitous fanservice.

Otherwise I can see this show going places.

I liked the whole technological aspect with the cyborgs and built in computers. Seems to also be a fair amount of action. Also its based in a more realistic setting which is what I like in anime.

So I'm looking foward to a standard secret gov't organization with cool technology story.

P.S.

Did that one army dude with the glasses have the same VA as alex rosewater?
Mike 11-07-2004 11:54 AM
Again, I sort of only half-watched this. But it did kick ass. I loved the movie even though it took a couple days to figure out.

And that one cyborg whose head got all shot up did remind me of that dude in Alien.
Wingnut 11-07-2004 11:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
P.S.

Did that one army dude with the glasses have the same VA as alex rosewater?
Yes, he did. And the leader of section 9 was Gordon Rosewater's voice. As I mentioned you can also hear Jiegn and Amon's voices as well in the episode.
Raven 11-07-2004 01:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
First off I'm a guy but still, her lack of clothing is just gratuitous fanservice.

I know, did you notice the one scene in the office, they just had like a 5 minute straight shot of her ass? I thought that was pretty funny myself.