The Offical Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/SAC: 2nd Gig Thread!

IanC 11-21-2004 05:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by COHugh
I understand what's going on, it's just kinda dull. Hopefully next week's episode will be better. Oh Well

Ah well, as i said its the first episode of the main plot next week (ep 4).
Zopwx2 11-21-2004 05:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by COHugh
I understand what's going on, it's just kinda dull. Hopefully next week's episode will be better. Oh Well

I thought they were pretty good, and its the first few episodes anyway.
BabyGhia 11-22-2004 03:20 PM
This episode was okay. Kind of interesting. I'm still interesting in watching it.

But I will agree that this one wasn't as good as last week's. However, there are episodes even in Big O that I'm not 100% in love with. It happens.

Looking forward to next week's. I see some potential in the show.

BabyGhia
Mr. Fortnight 11-26-2004 03:58 AM
Regarding the invisibility technology.

I would assume that the tech involved is actually a combination of some sort of skin-weave or what not, synched with the clothing the person wears via some sort of link. Obviously, skin-tight clothing would work better with such things, since more free-flowing clothing could ruin the effect since the computers involved would have to push potentially too many pixels. It'd either work as a bodysuit, or some sort of cloak that has less bends in it.

I'm just stating examples of clothing.

And as for Thursday's (Thanksgiving) episode... That guy did have issues. Then again, being in an ivory tower just like him in his youth would breed mental aberrations like his.

Of course, if someone had a near-real android with them, they may grow a connection with it. Then again, the android picked up mental aberrations as well from being with the person.

Alot of interesting insights from a slow series.

I'm gathering this series is more of the players in the story telling you about their world, and not you experiencing it in a disconnected sort of way. It doesn't need flashy special effects or big massive battles every week.

I'm not entertained, I'm educated by this series. It successfully displays a world where technology has reached the point of where we can become machines, and machines can become us.

Facinating stuff. Pure Sci-Fi.
Wingnut 11-26-2004 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]I have no idea how badly humanoid androids will screw with people's emotions in the future.
Just look at Roger and Dorothy. It can get quite odd.
Mr. Fortnight 11-27-2004 02:31 AM
It might be some sort of psychological reaction to something that is genuine looking enough to react to it as if it were the genuine article?

Or perhaps it's more like believing in your fantasies. Wanting to play out
spoiler (highlight to read):
An old movie
with a willing participant.
Green_Bird 11-28-2004 12:18 AM
Okay...I admit....tonights was kind of slow. And just when it was getting good....ROLL CREDITS. But like everything....you may have to wait another week but it was well worth it. Some shows are like go fast and some just move fast, but nothing happens until the end.

Have a feeling that that picture of the guys wife was edited....It just looks like it....was it? Because I don't think the edit list on ANN is going to catch it if it was.....
IanC 11-28-2004 11:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Have a feeling that that picture of the guys wife was edited....It just looks like it....was it? Because I don't think the edit list on ANN is going to catch it if it was.....

Explain why you think it is.
Green_Bird 11-28-2004 12:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by IanC
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird

Explain why you think it is.

Her underwear just seemed air brushed....But I could be wrong about that...and it was just an effect to make them look lacy or something. Because sometimes you can tell if stuff is airbrused or not by the way it looks....not having the DVDs makes it kind of hard to make the judgment, really....or any screen shots or whatever.
Barrin 11-28-2004 09:53 PM
I didn't watch the episode, but I have the DVD. I can't recall it being too risque. I'm pretty sure AS got away with doing the episode cut free.
Sharpshooter005 11-28-2004 11:39 PM
quote:
Because I don't think the edit list on ANN is going to catch it if it was.....

If it was edited from the source material, someone would notice and probably send it along their way. People seem to become very observant when it comes to this..
COHugh 11-29-2004 12:08 AM
Eh... It was kind of a slow episode to me. I'll keep giving it some time, but it's not really making me go "Ooo! GitS: SAC is on!" FMA, on the other hand, is good..
BabyGhia 11-29-2004 02:30 PM
I rewatched this one last night. Interesting... kind of slow episode. Curious enough about it to watch the next one.

But I agree with COHugh, the show hasn't grabbed me yet. I don't hate it or anything. I plan to keep watching.

BabyGhia
Madrona 11-29-2004 05:56 PM
My husband and I are still catching up on these. Will watch the lastest one(Saturday's) tonight I suspect. But we are watching FMA before we watch these.
Regarding the Thanksgiving one, doesn't anyone find it unnerving that they have to sneak around to get the information from the android factory instead of just asking to see it? And then it just seemed way too easy for them to get the info that they wanted. Just a thought.

Madrona
Mr. Fortnight 11-29-2004 08:43 PM
Classic spook tactics. But, you think that the corporation would freely disclose a glitch that could prove to be a security risk?

A corp won't screw itself by being honest. So, Section 9 mitigated the issue by... well... doing what they do best.

It's low, yes, but in a game like where an android could potentially go crazy Ivan... The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
evanASF27 12-03-2004 12:29 AM
well well well...wouldn't you know it! The guy who's brain got hacked into by "the Laughing Man" happens to be 'Schwarzwald'!

They picked the right VA for that guy I swear, I thought for a moment I was imagining schwarzwald speaking then, but it really WAS his VA! Excelent Evil
Mr. Fortnight 12-03-2004 12:37 AM
You beat me to the punch, Evan. You planted
spoiler (highlight to read):
intercepters in my eyes
or what?

But tonight's episode... It FINALLY put the bait in the water to hook people. And Brain Hackers are nasty little buggers aren't they?
Instro 12-04-2004 09:47 PM
I got into the whole Ghost In The Shell thing about 6 months ago, when my brother was home from his Navy duty in Japan. (My brother has gotten me so many unique things from Japan, but that's fodder for a whole thread by itself.)

Anyhoo, I watched his copy of GITS on my iMac and was blown away. In fact, I kept saying to myself while watching, " The Matrix is a total rip-off of this and this is soooo much better!"

I was totally psyched to hear that the GITS TV series was coming to Adult Swim and I have enjoyed every single minute of it since it started. I just had to buy the first Special Edition right away!

BTW...Anyone else think Togusa is hot?

I wanted to see Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence in an actual movie theatre, but by the time I finally got a day off to see it, it was gone. One week and then poof! (Sigh...)

At least the new special edition of the original GITS and the sequel will be available after Christmas. I understand though, that GITS 2 is not dubbed, but subbed. I don't mind subtitles...its just that I want to hear those VAs that I love like Crispin Freeman.
Zopwx2 12-04-2004 10:47 PM
HELP! My stupid VCR taped FMA but cut off GITS.

So I missed the 4th episode, should I wait for it to come through rotation, or is it anything important I need to know before watching the rest of the show.

If so clue me in as to what happend.

EDIT: I found an episode guide. Seems I missed the introduction of "the laughing man".
Green_Bird 12-05-2004 12:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Instro
Anyhoo, I watched his copy of GITS on my iMac and was blown away. In fact, I kept saying to myself while watching, " The Matrix is a total rip-off of this and this is soooo much better!"

Er...Speeking for someone who hasn't seen the GitS movie....I have to say this.....I herd that the matrix was inspired by it....I don't think it was a total 'rip off' because from what I read it was only Morphus glasses, plugs, Exsploding watermellons, and Neo's awakening.....Besides....I don't really want to see the movie...I've seen pictures and the art really doesn't look that good atleast SAC is kind of staying true to the style of the manga.....

Well again.....it cut off after it started to get good again....Why? Oh well just more reason to wach next week I guess.....