The Offical Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/SAC: 2nd Gig Thread!

Wingnut 11-07-2004 01:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
First off I'm a guy but still, her lack of clothing is just gratuitous fanservice.

I know, did you notice the one scene in the office, they just had like a 5 minute straight shot of her ass? I thought that was pretty funny myself.

To each their own I guess.
Although she can get away with it because if anyone tries to take advantage of it or has a problem with it, she could easily kick said party's ass.
Zopwx2 11-07-2004 01:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
quote:
quote:
First off I'm a guy but still, her lack of clothing is just gratuitous fanservice.

I know, did you notice the one scene in the office, they just had like a 5 minute straight shot of her ass? I thought that was pretty funny myself.

Although she can get away with it because if anyone tries to take advantage of it or has a problem with it, she could easily kick said party's ass.

Well everyone in the show was somewhat realisticly dresssed, standing there fully clothed, and yet her standard appearance is wearing a swimsuit thing with a jacket.

I'm not offended, I just think it looks out of place.....
Raven 11-07-2004 01:51 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well i'm thining everyone is completely serious and standing their fully clothed, and yet her standard appearance is wearing a bathingsuit like thing with a jacket.

I'm not offended, I just think it looks out of place..

Not hard to figure out why her fellow officers allow her to walk around like that though. Tongue
IanC 11-07-2004 02:14 PM
Could anyone tell me if they kept the topless-from behind shot of the Major in the end credits?
Zopwx2 11-07-2004 02:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by IanC
Could anyone tell me if they kept the topless-from behind shot of the Major in the end credits?

They sure did. Big Grin
BabyGhia 11-07-2004 05:33 PM
LOL! Yeah, this show certainly has fanservice for the guys... but none for the girls. I'll pout in the corner. Actually, it doesn't bug me that much, guys. You guys have your fun.... *takes out pictures of Roger, Spike, Vash.... :drools:*

Anyway, I really liked the first episode. Good action and everything. Looking forward to next week's ep.

BabyGhia
Raven 11-07-2004 05:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BabyGhia
LOL! Yeah, this show certainly has fanservice for the guys... but none for the girls. I'll pout in the corner. Actually, it doesn't bug me that much, guys. You guys have your fun.... *takes out pictures of Roger, Spike, Vash.... :drools:*

Anyway, I really liked the first episode. Good action and everything. Looking forward to next week's ep.

BabyGhia

I can understand what you mean, most of the gys in the show have weird things over their eyes. Either that, or they are old geezers.
Green_Bird 11-07-2004 05:51 PM
quote:
quote:
P.S.

Did that one army dude with the glasses have the same VA as alex rosewater?
Yes, he did. And the leader of section 9 was Gordon Rosewater's voice. As I mentioned you can also hear Jiegn and Amon's voices as well in the episode.

Well since were on the subject....I might as well bring up Motoko = Julia (CB)/Jagra(WR)......

But Accualy I try to look past the whole fanservice for guys thing....Heck...I read the manga (Even though edited)! But still it's a good show....I mainly got hooked on it when the manga was recimended off a Matrix forum...so I desided to pick it up.
Zopwx2 11-07-2004 05:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:
quote:
P.S.

Yes, he did. And the leader of section 9 was Gordon Rosewater's voice. As I mentioned you can also hear Jiegn and Amon's voices as well in the episode.

Well since were on the subject....I might as well bring up Motoko = Julia (CB)/Jagra(WR)......

But Accualy I try to look past the whole fanservice for guys thing....Heck...I read the manga (Even though edited)! But still it's a good show....I mainly got hooked on it when the manga was recimended off a Matrix forum...so I desided to pick it up.

It seems almost the entire cast of Big O [except Blum (spike/roger) and Lee (faye/angel)] are in GITS:

William Knight: Gordon Rosewater / Daisuke Aramaki
Michael Forest: Alex Rosewater / Kutoba
Michael McConnohie: Schwarzwald / Takekawa
Crispin Freeman: Alan Gabriel / Togusa
AndroidZeroX 11-07-2004 09:39 PM
well i fell asleep... idont know y i keep thinking i can stay up for the second showing, but i fell asleep half way through. I think its worth buying though since my friends like it, and its so damn popular
Schoolie 11-07-2004 11:00 PM
I agree on the whole lack-of-pants thing. It seems totally absurd when you top and think about it.

As for the show, at first I wasn't much into it, but then the whole cyber/human/android/info superhighway premise started to get interesting. As far as I can tell, people live in a population mixed with all the above, right?

The flavor of the show reminded me of other "cop-team" shows like Witch Hunter Robin and Patlabor.

Does this show get more into an over-arching plot? I would assume so, knowing the nature of most other anime series.

Of course, I haven't seen the first movie nor the second one coming out right about now. As far as I now, this TV series is sort of a different take on the story, if the movie had a different ending. (Don't want to spoil, but I've read some things about the movie. Maybe I'll see it someday.)

EXCELLENT music in the opening - very moving with the voices and all. Yoko Kanno is the best. I'll have to pay more attention to the music in the background.
Wingnut 11-07-2004 11:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:
quote:
P.S.

I knew I had heard her voice before, but I couldn't place it as to wher I had heard it.

Although this is only ment to be 30 years in the future, thay got some really high tech stuff going on there. Must have been another computer revolution somewhere in between that allowed for the implanting of the mini cyber computers to be placed directly inside of a person. Not to mention those stealth shields that the team had. And of course out favorite 4-legged metal friends also make an apperence or two as well.
Mr. Fortnight 11-08-2004 12:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
I agree on the whole lack-of-pants thing. It seems totally absurd when you top and think about it.

First, it's 2030. I think sensibilities have changed for the better.

Second, Makoto is a cyborg. She needs more freedom of movement.

Third, the naughty bits are covered well. She gets a pass from me. Besides, she wears her fatigues too when on missions.

She's wickedly sexy in black.
Sharpshooter005 11-08-2004 12:21 AM
quote:

Well, as EM said, the argument about freedom of movement could be made.

Also it's not something like reign, where EVERYONE has some kind of codpiece. I'm pretty sure Makoto was the only character who didn't have pants. Everyone else seemed to.
IanC 11-08-2004 09:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
Does this show get more into an over-arching plot? I would assume so, knowing the nature of most other anime series.

Epsiode 4 is the first "complex" epsiode.
"Stand alone" episodes (like the first) dont advance the plot, while the "complex" ones are the real meat and bones of it.

(you can see what they did there, quite clever)
Barrin 11-10-2004 12:36 PM
I ended up getting the DVD of it before the series aired. It's everything I hoped it would be so far. I was glad they left the opening intact, because it is really spectaculur. About the only thing left out was the Tachikoma shorts. Maybe they can air some if they have an odd 3 minutes to fill someday. A friend of mine had seen the movie, and he complained when they used the thermotic camoflague in the series, because Motoko had to be nude in the movie for it to work. Maybe her quasi-S&M clothing is a compromise for that.

Everybody should enjoy the next episode that'll be on. Less political intrigue, more mecha and action. Hoo-HAH! Cool
Wingnut 11-10-2004 03:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Barrin
I ended up getting the DVD of it before the series aired. It's everything I hoped it would be so far. I was glad they left the opening intact, because it is really spectaculur. About the only thing left out was the Tachikoma shorts. Maybe they can air some if they have an odd 3 minutes to fill someday. A friend of mine had seen the movie, and he complained when they used the thermotic camoflague in the series, because Motoko had to be nude in the movie for it to work. Maybe her quasi-S&M clothing is a compromise for that.

Everybody should enjoy the next episode that'll be on. Less political intrigue, more mecha and action. Hoo-HAH! Cool

Well, then shouldn't everyone need to be naked for it to work and not just her? From what I could tell teh technology was far enough advanced that you didn't even need to be cyber-enhanced to use it.
Paradigm Dog 11-12-2004 09:23 PM
Ghost In the Shell SAC opinion.

Better than the second movie, that's for sure. From the first episode I'm tempted to say it'll be better than the first movie. It's more true to manga with its squad-based action. Togusa and Battou are very cool as always.
C.R Foxhound 11-13-2004 10:25 PM
I have Vol 1 and 2 already

But my Fav Ep is ep 2, The tank is tight and my favorite part of course is when Motoko is getting out the tank...

ahhh...fanservice..... Big Grin Cool Wink
Raven 11-13-2004 11:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
I have Vol 1 and 2 already

But my Fav Ep is ep 2, The tank is tight and my favorite part of course is when Motoko is getting out the tank...

ahhh...fanservice..... Big Grin Cool Wink

LMAO I just saw what you meant.