Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith *warning, may contain spoilers*

Zopwx2 10-29-2004 07:14 PM
Well whatever you think of lucas and his prequels, the new starwars movie is coming out. Here is the official teaser poster:

(Edit: Jo, just added to the title for those who haven't seen it Smile - 'strider)

http://starwars.com/episode-iii/release/...ws20041028.html

(people are already coming out with tons of theories about secrei hidden images. (besides the giant vader face)

Meh, I thought it could have been better, somthing like this fan made one:

(thats the door he busts out of in a new hope. Vader refelction)

But then again the phantom menace one was awesome but the movie wasn't:

HERE Is a link to an interview from someone how has actually seen a rough cut of parts of the film. This may be lucas' chance to redeem the prequels.

THE TEASER TRAILER: Nov 4th on access hollywood, and 8th for the net.

Also plays with "The Incredibles"
Mike 10-29-2004 09:55 PM
That's actually pretty cool.

I remember the Phantom Menace poster...really pissed me off that the movie blew so hard. I'm awaiting the Lucasfilm ninjas to replace my copy with the non-sucky version.

Anyway, after reading what that dude said about Episode 3, it looks like it's going to own. HARD. And make Episode 2 cry for its mommy through broken teeth.
Bismarck 10-30-2004 01:11 AM
Other than that, I'm hyped up about seeing General Grievous in action. He should kick some serious Jedi ass. If you've seen the final part of the attack of the clones cartoon series, then you know how deadly he is. I can't wait.
BethMcBeth 10-30-2004 02:56 AM
wwoowsss I realllyyl lieks the poster for this one withth helemnt comming ouit of cape...thatss awosmes i never saawww others justt first regular theree maybe see soon. Awsomeness!
Darkside 10-30-2004 11:23 AM
Looks awesome!
Can't wait to see Vader make his debut!
Spooky 10-30-2004 12:23 PM
I think I like the fan-made poster better, but the official one is still pretty cool.

I thought the second movie was a vast improvement over the first one (while still not on par with the original three...), so I'm actually looking forward to seeing the third one. However, it does seem there's a lot of ground that needs to be covered within a 2 hour movie.

Latah Wink
Token
AndroidZeroX 10-30-2004 06:06 PM
yeah the fan poster is cool, but the official in my opinion is cooler. I saw the first two and was unimpressed, but since its a trilogy, u kinda have to see the third
Mr. Peabody 10-30-2004 08:15 PM
I agree with those who like the fan poster. It makes Hayden Christensen look ominous. Especially after the critics and fans ripped apart his performance in Episode II.
StevieV019 11-04-2004 07:42 AM
I cant wait for this movie to come out. Ive read interviews with someone who's seen the rough cut of the movie, and from some of the general things he's "spoiled" it sounds awesome. Ive been waiting for another movie on par with "Empire Strikes Back" and from what Ive heard, this movie may blow it out of the water.

P.S. watched Return of the Jedi last night...still love Luke's confrontation with the Emperor and Vader. Just wish the lightsaber duel wouldve lasted longer. Ive noticed the duels in the prequels are much longer than the duels from the original trilogy movies...just an observation. Also, after watching the end, I can really start to see Vader's humanity when considering Anakin's character and traits from the prequel movies. Good stuff...
Nyarlathotep 11-04-2004 03:00 PM
I just watched a horrible quality clip of what claims to be the teaser trailer, looks pretty good...

spoiler (highlight to read):
Nothing TOO exciting, scenes of Obi Wan and Anakin fighting in a lava field, AT-ATs and what looked like AT-PTs on the march, some shots of star destroyer-esque ships in orbit, a really cool close up of Senator Palpatine's eyes which turn from blue to reddish yellow and at the end when the screen fades to black, you hear Vader's breathing .
Travis Bickle 11-04-2004 03:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
I just watched a horrible quality clip of what claims to be the teaser trailer, looks pretty good...

Nothing TOO exciting, scenes of Obi Wan and Anakin fighting in a lava field, AT-ATs and what looked like AT-PTs on the march, some shots of star destroyer-esque ships in orbit, a really cool close up of Senator Palpatine's eyes which turn from blue to reddish yellow and at the end when the screen fades to black, you hear Vader's breathing .

....AND WHERE DID YOU SEE THIS?! I DON'T THINK THE TEASTER TRAILER IS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO!

Edit: Never mind. Go here: http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=starwars3

Edit 2: Here's a capture from the trailer (what I've been waiting for for a while):
IanC 11-04-2004 03:59 PM
Ive seen the full teaser trailer.
One word:
AWESOME

I cant wait for this film!!
Guess whats back?
The X wing and Tie Fighters are back!!! Looks like the predecessors of both though
Wingnut 11-04-2004 04:01 PM
Well, it is dissapointing that I do not see the Victory class Star Destroyer. Crying
however I can confirm from the trailer that we will see the much talked about and made famous by Thrawns capture of the lost fleet of them, Dreadnaught Heavy Crusier
Note: Link may not be available due to high traffic on site. Be patient and reload the page every other minute or so.
Nyarlathotep 11-04-2004 04:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Well, it is dissapointing that I do not see the Victory class Star Destroyer. Crying
however I can confirm from the trailer that we will see the much talked about and made famous by Thrawns capture of the lost fleet of them, Dreadnaught Heavy Crusier
Note: Link may not be available due to high traffic on site. Be patient and reload the page every other minute or so.

So much for anything Lucas didn't personally create being non-canon eh?
Wingnut 11-04-2004 04:14 PM
No kidding. Mabye it is just too early for them, perhaps the clone wars have not progressed far enough for them to see widespread use yet?
We do get to see another innovation from the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series though. An early prototype Interdictor crusier.
Zopwx2 11-04-2004 05:11 PM
If what I saw really was the teaser trailer....... then YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally this is lucas's last chance and it may be............just maybe a kickass freaking movie.

Becuase no matter what you say Darth Vader IS the best character in the entire series.
Darkside 11-04-2004 05:48 PM
Ohhhhhh, Yeeeaaahhhh!

Finally a Star Wars movie I may actually want to be first in line for!
Piano Black 11-04-2004 05:54 PM
Piano Black has three words to describe this trailer with:

Holy Freakin' Crap

Drooling
Pygmalion 11-04-2004 08:04 PM
It'll be interesting to see this bridge the prequel trilogy and the "original" trilogy.

Pygmalion
COHugh 11-04-2004 09:18 PM
Soooooooooooooooo cool! Canna wait for the saber fights!