Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith *warning, may contain spoilers*

BigPrime 11-05-2004 09:48 PM
The first time I saw the trailer today, I litterally lost my balance and fell backwards when it was over.

May 19th happens to be the last day of regular classes for next semester, the twentieth is our Reading Day. My friends and I have already started planning the expedition.... Big Grin
Mugiwara Luffy 11-05-2004 11:49 PM
Yeah the trailer gave me a heart attack!!! May 19 seems so far away.....like in some sort of galaxy that's far, far away....

Did anyone else get goosebumps when Anakin turned his head and we saw his red eye?? *shiver*
Zopwx2 11-06-2004 12:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
Yeah the trailer gave me a heart attack!!! May 19 seems so far away.....like in some sort of galaxy that's far, far away....

Did anyone else get goosebumps when Anakin turned his head and we saw his red eye?? *shiver*

Anakin's eyes!

"YES MASTER"........ "RIIIIIIISE!"

muahah that was the part that gave me goosebumps.

and then the lava planet...... the entire prequel series can either be redeemed or forever condmened with the Final Light sabre battle to end all light sabre battles.

Obi Wan Vs. Anikan , that battle that births Darth Vader!

Lucas CANNOT screw it up or he will have his ranch suicide bombed by starwars nerds.
Avenir 11-06-2004 12:49 PM
The trailer was awesome. Lucas can't mess up on this one.

EDIT: May 19th, 2005 does seem a distant time away, but hopefully we can look forward to something else until then, such as Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
Bismarck 11-06-2004 10:33 PM
Who wants to bet that Anakin will recieve a terrible injury to his head from his fight with Obi Wan?
Mugiwara Luffy 11-06-2004 10:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bismarck
Who wants to bet that Anakin will recieve a terrible injury to his head from his fight with Obi Wan?

Oh I bet he will recieve a lot more injuries than that!

And I can't wait to see it happen! Big Grin
Mike 11-06-2004 10:38 PM
quote:

Like this one?

Zopwx2 11-06-2004 10:44 PM
quote:

Quasi spoiler:

Its obvious from the trailer they have a lightsabre battle on the lava planet.

Try and guess why vader needs a suit.
Mike 11-06-2004 10:45 PM
I think that's been part of the Vader origin story for a long time. He fell into a lava pit and when he crawled out he was all mangled and his lungs didn't work anymore. I think that was in Shadows of the Empire and the original novelization of Star Wars.
Bismarck 11-06-2004 10:55 PM
Wasn't the Lizard guy in Shadows of the Empire afraid of Vader?
Mike 11-06-2004 10:57 PM
quote:
Wasn't the Lizard guy in Shadows of the Empire afraid of Vader?

He wasn't really afraid of him, he really really hated him. Vader destroyed his planet because Xizor's parents (or someone else of his species) pissed him off. So Vader said the planet had some wacky virus and bombarded the poop out of it.
Hienrich Ele 11-06-2004 11:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
I think that's been part of the Vader origin story for a long time. He fell into a lava pit and when he crawled out he was all mangled and his lungs didn't work anymore. I think that was in Shadows of the Empire and the original novelization of Star Wars.

I've known it for as long as I can remember, though I have no idea where I heard it from.

It may have been Shadows of the Empire, since that is one of the books I read at an early age.
Spooky 11-07-2004 02:00 AM
I finally saw the trailer tonight (I've been too lazy to DL it) and I nearly died right there in the theater. May cannot get here fast enough.

Although, I'm willing to bet the movie ends with
spoiler (highlight to read):
the Emperor saying "Rise Lord Vader" and Vader rising out of the Vader-mold thing from the preview.

Latah Wink
Token
Hienrich Ele 11-07-2004 10:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Token Girl
I finally saw the trailer tonight (I've been too lazy to DL it) and I nearly died right there in the theater. May cannot get here fast enough.

the Emperor saying "Rise Lord Vader" and Vader rising out of the Vader-mold thing from the preview.

Latah Wink
Token

Now, I am hoping that is how it doesn't end.

Spoilerized for all those who don't know how Vader came to power

Vader killed all of the Jedi. He hunted down every one, with the exception of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and a few others. So I am hoping they show him doing that in the movie, though if they do, it will have to be either close to or at the end.
Mike 11-07-2004 11:08 AM
I was really hoping to not see Vader at all in Episode 3.
Because think about it. If we see Anakin turning into Vader, then the significance of "I am your father" is lost.

That, and, the first time we see Vader in ANH is friggin' badass. The door gets blown up, and out walks this positively evil looking 7 foot tall monster in armor whose voice could make you break down and cry for your mommy. It loses some of its effect when you've already seen his badassitude.
Zopwx2 11-07-2004 12:04 PM
quote:
Because think about it. If we see Anakin turning into Vader, then the significance of "I am your father" is lost.

That, and, the first time we see Vader in ANH is friggin' badass. The door gets blown up, and out walks this positively evil looking 7 foot tall monster in armor whose voice could make you break down and cry for your mommy. It loses some of its effect when you've already seen his badassitude.

There come a time in every mans life when he introduces his children to starwars.

I am a firm believer in showing the OT before the PT. The way god intended.
Wingnut 11-07-2004 12:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
quote:

There come a time in every mans life when he introduces his children to starwars.

I am a firm believer in showing the OT before the PT. The way god intended.

Yes, very true indeed. That will not however stop me from watching the whole thing 1-6 in order in a single day.
StevieV019 11-08-2004 07:58 AM
quote:
I think that was in Shadows of the Empire and the original novelization of Star Wars.

It was in the original novelization of Star Wars. Shadows of the Empire just told of why Xizor disdained Vader. It didnt explain how Vader came to be, or how he came to rely on his suit.

The trailer looked so badass. I went to The Incredibles simply for the SW trailer...was thoroughly surprised by the movie, but I digress...

I think they have to show Darth Vader (if only for a moment or two) in the upcoming movie, for this reason alone: continuity purposes. You cant go from movie #3 without some hint or slight explanation/result that the Emperor has started the empire. Remember, in A New Hope, the beginning writeup mentions "The Galactic Empire"...well, at this point in the Prequel Trilogy, the galaxy is still some semblance of a Republic, granted, the Clone Wars are taking their toll, each planet is still represented through the Senate. Palpatine hasnt absolved the Senate, nor has he taken full control yet. Ive read some discussion at the Star Wars website, and supposedly the beginning of the end of the Jedi occurs in the movie (either Anakin or Vader starts the hunt for the Jedi). Either way, they have to show some of Vader's power in the movie in order to continue his "legacy" of darkness that occurred in the Original Trilogy. Plus, Lucas has to pull Emperor Palpatine to a point of total control...
Kittie heavenly6 11-08-2004 08:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hienrich Ele
quote:

Latah Wink
Token

Vader killed all of the Jedi. He hunted down every one, with the exception of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and a few others. So I am hoping they show him doing that in the movie, though if they do, it will have to be either close to or at the end.

Yeah, sorry my love but I do belive Hienrich Ele is right. I've already heard rumors about battles between Vader and the Jedi, so if those are true we'll be seeing Vader whup some ass in the movie.

God I hope those rumors are true.
StevieV019 11-08-2004 12:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
quote:
Originally posted by Hienrich Ele
quote:

Latah Wink
Token

Yeah, sorry my love but I do belive Hienrich Ele is right. I've already heard rumors about battles between Vader and the Jedi, so if those are true we'll be seeing Vader whup some ass in the movie.

God I hope those rumors are true.

As do I, young Skywalker....(Darth Vader voice)

Sorry...spoiler time...

I think Anakin (from what Ive heard) starts the mass extermination of the Jedi. Supposedly he storms the Jedi Temple and starts taking out Jedi left and right...and that Obi-wan is the last one who confronts him over his "turn to the dark side." Of course, mayhem ensues and Anakin falls into his accommodating lava pool, complete with whirlpool jets and steam bath. At that point, Sidious (Palpatine) brings him out of his bath, and we have Vader....