The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Schwarzwald 01-07-2006 12:43 AM
Well I couldn't say super >.>. But if it can run fear, or I'm guess HL2 Lost Coast on HDR with a comfortable framerate... atleast a gig of ram I'd assume. It should be able to run well enough. I'm just guessing though.
corrupt 01-07-2006 12:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
Well I couldn't say super >.>. But if it can run fear, or I'm guess HL2 Lost Coast on HDR with a comfortable framerate... atleast a gig of ram I'd assume. It should be able to run well enough. I'm just guessing though.

Your probabbly right actually
Travis Bickle 01-07-2006 12:46 AM
quote:

I never really got the point of Lost Coast. Commentary in a video game? What the hell is HDR, and when I run it, why do I not notice anything?

But yeah. It's looking to be that Oblivion engine > Source.
Schwarzwald 01-07-2006 01:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
quote:

I never really got the point of Lost Coast. Commentary in a video game? What the hell is HDR, and when I run it, why do I not notice anything?

But yeah. It's looking to be that Oblivion engine > Source.

Lost Coast was essencially a tech demo and a way to talk to the community about the future of the Source engine.

You know how your eyes adjust to light...like when you walk out of a theater into the sun you are practically blinded? Then your eyes evnetually adjust?

Thats what HDR is... it simulates that. Its kind of cool... They also showed off Bloom in the tech demo. It looks great if you have the come to run it all. HDR does make a difference and makes things look more realistic... but in maps where you abruptly go indoors and outdoors quickly (like the CS;Source de_nuke), it can get kind of annoying and the changes seem too abrupt. Its weird.

honestly...I don't understand why it takes so muuch power to run it... you do need ot measure lighting in the map coming frmo around you... but I'd think that they could impliment just shaders in the players vision to simulate HDR without it taking so much power. I dont' know why it needs all that ram.
corrupt 01-07-2006 01:10 AM
cool, i wanna get it even more now!!
Travis Bickle 01-07-2006 01:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by corrupt

Please stop spamming and (somehow?) double posting, dude.
corrupt 01-07-2006 01:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
quote:

Please stop spamming and (somehow?) double posting, dude.

Sorry, it's my mate, his put a trojan in my computer and keeps doing things...
AndroidZeroX 01-07-2006 08:22 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX
quote:
Originally posted by V.F.D
F*** YEAH! I have morowind and I can't wait 4 it to come out! u'll need a super computer to play it tho...

Or a 360...

not 360, not 360 EVER MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

If it really takes that much of a great computer it would benefit you to get the 360... and personally i would prefer it.
David Ryder 01-07-2006 08:46 AM
It looks like it might might decently on my PC. Like I said before, I like the morrowind games but I'm not forking out cash for something that's most likely not going to work, or even turn on, over heat, or maybe even explode.
X Prime 01-07-2006 08:51 AM
If I had the computer to run this, I would.

This game and Morrowind are basically the 3D successors of the all-mighty Baldur's Gate series in my opinion.
AndroidZeroX 01-09-2006 07:53 PM
It was just confirmed that this game will be on one disc. There were rumors going around that it would be on four but i guess not.
Schwarzwald 01-13-2006 10:48 PM
For the xbox 360 it will be on 1 disk.

If you get the CD version for PC it'll probably span at the very least 3 disks. A DVD version though probably wil work on 1 DVD... I haven't seen a game yet that uses 2 DVDs for storeage.
Schwarzwald 03-15-2006 06:17 PM
Big Grin

Did you guys see the countdown videos? The 1 week and today's 6 days?

They look absolutely fantasic. I just can't wait till its release, and once I get windows Xp installed(Its in the mail Happy )I'll be ready to defend against the gates of Oblivion.

Ooooh it better come soon after its released, I ordered it off amazon, so hopefully shipping doesn't take 2 weeks like bomberman online did >.<
Schwarzwald 03-20-2006 10:10 PM
Guuuuys. Guuuuuuuuys.

Its that time again.

OBLIVION IS OUT! And the fourms are going crazy! People have posted videos about bragging about getting thier copy before the actual release date set by Bethesda. people have been posting game play videos, they are halarious.

I should be getting my copy in the mail on wed or thursday. If I'm REALLY lucky, tomorrow afternoon. Big Grin

omg. Its gonna be so cool to finally play it. I've been waiting so long! And elder scrolls is really the only game I've seen that REALLY gives you free choice. Fable and KoTor? No way, you lead to the same 2 conclusions, and do have to get there eventually. There is so much MORE in Oblivion and Morrowind and I never actually finished morrowind's main quest, only Bloodmoon's and Tribunal's. Fable and Kotor really do sort of force you to continue, you can't access everything until you progress far enough. There wasn't that much to do in fable. No truely free and expanded world. Just a set of related maps.

I can't wait... anyone else physced anymore? This is the first game i've REALLY kept up on. Its been a blast. And finally I'll get back into my gaming groove(Not many games have really attached to me in a while), and maybe become part of the modding community in the process. Happy

See you on the flip, babe! Maybe the Gods give you strength! SSOS power. ^^;
AndroidZeroX 03-21-2006 07:33 PM
I picked it up after school today. The graphics are beautiful, and the gameplay is spectacular. Its much like morrowind but they sort of implicated a little bit of a puzzle solving aspect to some of the areas as well which makes for a nice add in. I've just begun the story but the character customization is ridiculously precise, and the development is cool too. Right now im enjoying the trading aspect and getting some money. I haven't looked too much into the main story yet though.
Buck Buck #1 03-26-2006 01:41 PM
I've played some on my friend's computer. It's as good as I thought it would be.

The only thing that I don't really like is the face creation stuff, since there are so many things that you can do with it, you can make a really good face for your character, but alot of the NPCs look really nasty.
Volt 03-30-2006 05:22 PM
So I got it and I stayed up 'til 2 playing it last night... was late to school... but I seriously haven't had so much fun in, well I don't even know how long. The immersion factor is so high that you forget that you're palying a video game at all. I like how you can customize everything about your character, even make your own class (my character is a giant lizard man Insurgent named Abdul Jabar... yea), and the Oblivion areas are very impressive. It took me awhile to understand that you had to sleep to level up, but that's the only thing that's made me mad at all. Otherwise, it's definitley my vote for Game of the Year so far.
Chitter-Box-Kat 04-23-2006 05:05 PM
Alright people, I have a requset from my brother who is borderline-obsessed with the game. He needs to know how your supposed to enchant something so that it has constant effect. I have no idea what he's talking about, all I'm asking is for some tips on this crap. XP

Personally, I have no patience for RPGs', but I can't ignore my brother's annoyingness. Dead
dtk91 05-20-2006 01:09 AM
Well usually to get a constant effect enchant on armor.....
Inigo Montoya 05-20-2006 10:55 AM
I've been playing this game on 360 and have thus far missed three homework assignments because of it's addictiveness.