Bring Back the Picture Thread!

A Clockwork Tomato 10-21-2004 05:26 PM
I suggest we bring back the picture thread. I miss it!

To discourage inappropriate or excessive posting of pictures, the mods can threaten to replace such pictures with altered ones -- for example, drawing mustaches on the offenders' faces, making their eyes red, their teeth yellow, stretching the pix to make people look fat, and any other enhancements that strike the mods' fancy. That'll learn 'em!
Asirt 10-21-2004 05:30 PM
I was thinking about that earlier. I send a PM to Krang a while ago concerning the picture thread. Although he said that the idea was good, he didn't want to risk starting another picture thread because of the problems caused by "InvisibleHand".

---------------------------------------------------

quote:
Well, I suppose Trisa got here first, Smile

Indeed. Pleased
dawnstrider 10-21-2004 05:33 PM
Hm....

...You know, someone has actually PMed me about that possibility. I'm not sure how likely the prospect of that may be, considering that that wasn't the first Picture thread to be locked for those reasons - it's the second. The Admins might bend to reopening a thread that's been locked once, but I'm not sure how they would view it being reopened a second time; it's already been established as a "high-risk" investment, so to speak Tongue .

*Shrugs* Well, I suppose it would be up to the Admins, but I don't think the odds are too likely.

(Edit: Well, I suppose Trisa got here first Smile .)
evanASF27 10-21-2004 05:35 PM
uhh...though I too would like the picture thread back (just so I know what people look like ^^), I don't think Krang will so willingly bring it back.

It caused quite a mess, what with Alex and Piano Blacks bogus "Team Handsom" bulls**t and then "MysteryHand" (or whatever he was called). I think that if the picture thread was brought back, we should use a system like the one in the Neo-Speakeasy Picture Thread. No sexually "implied" pictures (some parents are really paranoid), you can only post up to 3 pics of yourself in one post and you must wait for 10-15 unique people to post their pictures before you may post again.

(O.o You guys posted before I was done typing! NO FAIR! Tongue )
Prons 10-21-2004 06:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato

To discourage inappropriate or excessive posting of pictures, the mods can threaten to replace such pictures with altered ones -- for example, drawing mustaches on the offenders' faces, making their eyes red, their teeth yellow, stretching the pix to make people look fat, and any other enhancements that strike the mods' fancy. That'll learn 'em!

I'm up for the picture thread, but that punishment takes too much time.
Would be a lot easier to just get rid of the image and say [You are posting too much images --- Mod]

Evan had a good idea in the neo speakeasy with the three images at a time, then waiting about ten posts to put more.

(Off topic: Dominus of Death was also in Team Handsome)
dominusofdeath 10-21-2004 06:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prons
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato

I'm up for the picture thread, but that punishment takes too much time.
Would be a lot easier to just get rid of the image and say [You are posting too much images --- Mod]

Evan had a good idea in the neo speakeasy with the three images at a time, then waiting about ten posts to put more.

(Off topic: Dominus of Death was also in Team Handsome)

Yes I was. I was the ugly one! Tongue
I now know how Ringo Starr feels..............

But back on topic.........I too want the picture thread back. I don't think it's fair to the new people who never got to see it or post in it. I think that "certain" people should be "not allowed" to post in it. We've seen enough of them.
But hey, I'm 16 so what I say don't really matter.
Asirt 10-21-2004 06:42 PM
quote:
I don't think it's fair to the new people who never got to see it or post in it. I think that "certain" people should be "not allowed" to post in it. We've seen enough of them.
But hey, I'm 16 so what I say don't really matter.

True. Although, as I also said earlier, Krang did not want to risk having the same problem as the other thread did. Unless we can be certain that people like "InvisibleHand" don't post any offending images, I doubt that the pictures thread will be back anytime soon.
Hienrich Ele 10-21-2004 06:45 PM
People like that "Invisible Hand" cannot be stopped. If you post a picture of yourself, it is public. The only thing that could stop it would be to have a private thread that you must apply to join, but that may take more effort than what it is worth.

What was he, anyway? Angry ex-member?
dominusofdeath 10-21-2004 06:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hienrich Ele
People like that "Invisible Hand" cannot be stopped. If you post a picture of yourself, it is public. The only thing that could stop it would be to have a private thread that you must apply to join, but that may take more effort than what it is worth.

Or a current member who needed to vent........There are many a possibilite........but he knew something about a certain member that only a few people knew at the time so it narrows it down. I don't mind posting my picture. You can say anything you want about me. I don't really give 2 damns. Because it takes a REALLY big man to make fun of someone.
R.Smith 10-21-2004 06:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hienrich Ele

While don't know if that's possible, that also sounds like a good idea.

As for Mr. Hand, well...we still don't knowOh Well (we have somewhat narrowed it down, but we don't have 100% proof just yet)

Though we still haven't given up in finding out who it is!Thumbs Up
Mike 10-21-2004 07:10 PM
Whoa, I think I missed that part.
Who was this Invisible Hand person?

I kinda ignored the picture thread towards the end, seeing as it was page after page of the same person...can anybody fill me in?

Edit: Nevermind, DoD told me all about it. Now I'm mad I missed it, sounds like the guy was hilariously moronic.
dominusofdeath 10-21-2004 07:16 PM
New idea! Put it in a place where all the moderators can moderate. Or just make every a moderator of the Speakeasy. Not saying that dawnstrider does a bad job because lord knows he does a damn good job. But just so that if he isn't available and other mods(other than GK) are this thing don't happen again........
Seraphim 10-21-2004 07:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
Whoa, I think I missed that part.
Who was this Invisible Hand person?

Well, you could always have some warning which everyone should already know...

"By posting your picture here, you accept the fact that they may be used aversely like anything else posted on the Internet."

Just because a troll decided to play a joke doesn't mean we should kill the fun for everyone.
Madrona 10-21-2004 08:28 PM
I'm a bit divided on this.

I'd love to see it back.

I was on vacation during the last incident ( I guess I should be happy about that, huh?) So I never did see what happened. Roll Eyes

On the other hand, if there is no way to prevent abuse, I'd have to say no. Restricting the amount of pictures solves one of the problems. Seems like a lot of work for the moderators though. I guess we'd have to behave. Do you think all of us can do that?

**sigh**

Madrona
Dude Love 10-21-2004 08:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
New idea! Put it in a place where all the moderators can moderate. Or just make every a moderator of the Speakeasy. Not saying that dawnstrider does a bad job because lord knows he does a damn good job. But just so that if he isn't available and other mods(other than GK) are this thing don't happen again........

Problem with that is that InvisibleHand had his fun in Hudson River Pier in an introduction thread, rather than the Speakeasy. So, even if all the mods were to moderate the Speakeasy, someone can try in any other forum.
dominusofdeath 10-21-2004 08:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:

Problem with that is that InvisibleHand had his fun in Hudson River Pier in an introduction thread, rather than the Speakeasy. So, even if all the mods were to moderate the Speakeasy, someone can try in any other forum.

You know......I thought of that.....but forgot to edit my post...........lol
Or we could make all mods super mods. But that is prolly not gonna happen........Or make someone that's easy to get a hold of(by phone or sumtin) another global mod. My guess would be FP. Just bug Wienberg untill he tells FP to log on and fix it. That's how I've always thought. No offense to the other mods............
Seraphim 10-21-2004 09:19 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:

You know......I thought of that.....but forgot to edit my post...........lol
Or we could make all mods super mods. But that is prolly not gonna happen........Or make someone that's easy to get a hold of(by phone or sumtin) another global mod. My guess would be FP. Just bug Wienberg untill he tells FP to log on and fix it. That's how I've always thought. No offense to the other mods............

The idea of making mods into supermods was brought up and subsequently shot down.

EDIT:

http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...eadid=8242&sid=
Mike 10-21-2004 09:37 PM
GK already is a supermod...
Mr. Fortnight 10-21-2004 09:46 PM
1: The thread itself has been problematic. Bringing it back would take something incredible.

2: If it's brought back, the penalty for transgressing the rules should be draconian. Perhaps a ban with no warning?
YoruameBaroness 10-21-2004 09:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign Minneapolis
1: The thread itself has been problematic. Bringing it back would take something incredible.

2: If it's brought back, the penalty for transgressing the rules should be draconian. Perhaps a ban with no warning?

I think that depends on the offense. Posting too many pictures could result in being temporarily banned on posting in the thread, and if the person broke that "ban", then they could get a warning.