Bring Back the Picture Thread!

Mugiwara Luffy 10-21-2004 10:03 PM
Bring back the picture thread!

If someone is afraid of being made fun of or having their picture altered then they should not post their picture in the first place. It's just the risk you take when you do post a picture on the internet.

I don't care what people say about me, especially people I don't even know, so I would love to see the thread come back! And I have a picture to post (me in a toga, lol)!
dawnstrider 10-21-2004 10:08 PM
quote:
New idea! Put it in a place where all the moderators can moderate. Or just make every a moderator of the Speakeasy. Not saying that dawnstrider does a bad job because lord knows he does a damn good job. But just so that if he isn't available and other mods(other than GK) are this thing don't happen again........

quote:
"By posting your picture here, you accept the fact that they may be used aversely like anything else posted on the Internet."

quote:
Or we could make all mods super mods. But that is prolly not gonna happen........Or make someone that's easy to get a hold of(by phone or sumtin) another global mod. My guess would be FP. Just bug Wienberg untill he tells FP to log on and fix it. That's how I've always thought. No offense to the other modsl

Hm.

Now, don't get me wrong - a lot of these thoughts are very nice ideas Smile - but when it reaches a point to when many special stipulations need to be applied to just one thread in order to make it work....it's time to reconsider whether or not the costs outweigh the benefits of bringing it back.

As I and a few others mentioned, the core concern is whether or not a previously-locked thread with a bad record should be brought back. Looking back at all the suggestions that have been presented just to make it work, I think I could say that too much attention and energy would be expended on just one thread that could better be spent in other parts of the forums. The Admins were already hesitant -justifiably - in bringing back threads that have been locked before, and after the ill-fated Crush thread, it's probably more so now.

BUt,of course, I can't speak for them, so we'll just have to wait until Krang or Shredder comes and gives a definative answer Smile . But I wouldn't hold my breath.
Kittie heavenly6 10-21-2004 10:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign Minneapolis
1: The thread itself has been problematic. Bringing it back would take something incredible.

2: If it's brought back, the penalty for transgressing the rules should be draconian. Perhaps a ban with no warning?

I think that depends on the offense. Posting too many pictures could result in being temporarily banned on posting in the thread, and if the person broke that "ban", then they could get a warning.

I *DO* Like that idea. and Awhile back, me and Krang came up with a list of rules for bringing it back (I think Evan used some of those rules over there, I can't remember for sure) But the Invisible Hand thing is the main reason we aren't having one right now.

And to answer what Seraphim said, why let that one prank ruin it for everyone? 'cause You know some Invisible Hand members are still around (And may or may not have been sold out by one of your friends) and waiting for stuff like that so they can trade the pictures privately. So you can thank invisible hand's members for ruining it for everyone. you know who you are.
evanASF27 10-21-2004 10:13 PM
quote:
I *DO* Like that idea. and Awhile back, me and Krang came up with a list of rules for bringing it back (I think Evan used some of those rules over there, I can't remember for sure) But the Invisible Hand thing is the main reason we aren't having one right now.

Yes we do have those rules up in our thread. Wink ...>_>....<_<...yah that's all I have to say....

*waves*
Asirt 10-21-2004 10:36 PM
Evan's idea on limiting posts (like you have at the Neo-Speakeasy) is a pretty good idea, as far as that goes.

quote:
why let that one prank ruin it for everyone? 'cause You know some Invisible Hand members are still around (And may or may not have been sold out by one of your friends) and waiting for stuff like that so they can trade the pictures privately.

This is probably the reason why the thread still isn't back. Someone mentioned earlier about making the picture thread a private thread, but I wonder how would that work.

quote:
As I and a few others mentioned, the core concern is whether or not a previously-locked thread with a bad record should be brought back. Looking back at all the suggestions that have been presented just to make it work, I think I could say that too much attention and energy would be expended on just one thread that could better be spent in other parts of the forums. The Admins were already hesitant -justifiably - in bringing back threads that have been locked before, and after the ill-fated Crush thread, it's probably more so now.

I guess that's true.
Krang 10-21-2004 11:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dawnstrider
Hm.

Now, don't get me wrong - a lot of these thoughts are very nice ideas Smile - but when it reaches a point to when many special stipulations need to be applied to just one thread in order to make it work....it's time to reconsider whether or not the costs outweigh the benefits of bringing it back.

Excellent point, that's what I was going to say. Why go through all this trouble just for one thread? If it weren't for the fact that several people suspected as being part of the "InvisibleHand" are still around, bringing the thread back would be a definite possibility. But unfortunately, until we know for sure who was responsible for that, we can't allow any more picture threads. If you want the picture thread back, I suggest that instead of coming up with ideas on how to make it work, you concentrate your efforts on helping us figure out who was behind this so that we can take care of the problem once and for all, and everyone can be free to post their pictures again.
Travis Bickle 10-22-2004 12:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Hm.

Excellent point, that's what I was going to say. Why go through all this trouble just for one thread? If it weren't for the fact that several people suspected as being part of the "InvisibleHand" are still around, bringing the thread back would be a definite possibility. But unfortunately, until we know for sure who was responsible for that, we can't allow any more picture threads. If you want the picture thread back, I suggest that instead of coming up with ideas on how to make it work, you concentrate your efforts on helping us figure out who was behind this so that we can take care of the problem once and for all, and everyone can be free to post their pictures again.

Sounds fair. Until then, I'll have my webshots page link in my profile Smile .
dominusofdeath 10-22-2004 05:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Hm.

Since so many people want the thread back. And that's the only problem. I fell that there is going to be ALOT of Conan wannabes now lol.............
evanASF27 10-25-2004 11:32 AM
I’ll help anyway I can Krang in your search for the culprit. (Even though there are people that think I did Sweatdrop ) I’d do anything to help you nail that “Invisible Hand” b@st@rd, but it’s now a few months after the fact, so I dunno what clues or leads could be found now.
But yes, if people want to have a Picture Thread in the meantime, by all means use the one in the Neo-Speakeasy (Note: Follow the rules there OR ELSE!! @_@)
Zopwx2 10-25-2004 05:01 PM
The new bad guy in the upcoming starwars movie has a spaceship called the "Invisible Hand". Look out for starwars nerds.

quote:
The Jedi objective of Battle of Coruscant is spotted on a display screen -- the Invisible Hand, flagship of General Grievous.