Welcome to the new forums!

Krang 01-22-2003 09:57 PM
Welcome to the new forums for Paradigm City! Feel free to post anything related to Big O and anime here. Also, if you have any suggestions for the site or the forums, please post them on the Suggestions board.
Krang 02-17-2003 02:58 AM
The forums have been upgraded from DevBB 1.1.1 to WBB 1.2 and all members and posts have been imported. The avatars couldn't be imported, though, so those will need to be uploaded through the User CP.
GotMustard 02-24-2003 04:29 PM
*looks around*

And look how lively they are! Of course, I'm not one to talk, considering the Anime Auditorium forums have been deserted for quite some time, and Hellsing House and Lost Memories are just starting up.

Meh, better template than I could ever do at least.
Krang 02-26-2003 01:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GotMustard
*looks around*

And look how lively they are! Of course, I'm not one to talk, considering the Anime Auditorium forums have been deserted for quite some time, and Hellsing House and Lost Memories are just starting up.
Welcome to the forums! Yes, I know that there isn't much activity here right now, but this site and its forums are still new and haven't had much time to start up yet. Hopefully, as the site becomes more popular, so will the forums. I'm still working on promoting it, but it would also help if visitors would help spread the word to other Big O and anime fans about it.
quote:
Meh, better template than I could ever do at least.
Thanks, WBB has a great template system, so it was easy for me to make one that matches the site design.
GotMustard 02-26-2003 04:02 PM
Yeah, I considered going with WBB when I first started my forums too, but I didn't want to pay for a forum system, so I went with invision instead. Great forum system, not so good templating system, though it is ok.
PoptartKing 05-02-2003 10:48 PM
Wow....this is nice. Hopefully it'll become much more popular as time goes on, and wouldn't be suprised if suddenly there's a boom in popularity when the second season airs. This is a really nice template though..
Krang 05-03-2003 08:08 PM
Thanks! Shredder and I have another forum with over 800 members, so we're probably going to invite some of them to help us get this forum started. After people start posting here regularly, our current members (and visitors) will have more of a reason to post here, also. And I agree, I'm sure this place will get more popular once the second season starts airing on Cartoon Network.
Nickokapo 05-09-2003 09:58 PM
Hey krang!Nice forum Cool
Tho...it is kinda deserted, but i bet more people will come eventually.
Hopefully more peeps from the td will come too Pleased
azure turtle 05-10-2003 01:24 PM
Heh heh... Yup, I've arrived at these forums! I haven't seen any eps of Big O yet, but I do like anime in general. Smile ) Btw, Krang, are we allowed to personalize our profile? Every time I try to put stuff in it, I get an error message saying "invalid information!" Wassup wit dat?!

Anyway, great job with the forums and the site! Krang and Shredder certainly have a talent with making websites. Wink

Edit: Hey Krang, I think I know what's wrong with the whole profile thing. I filled out my profile in sections, submitting every time I finished with one section. I was trying to alienate the problem, when I realized that it might be the ICQ section. When I began submitting info, my ICQ number automatically became 0. When I tried submitting all my info at once, I got the error I mentioned earlier. Dunno if you can fix it, but it was a pain having to fill out my profile multiple times. Roll Eyes
Krang 05-10-2003 05:29 PM
Hi, Nicko and Azure, and thanks for helping us get this place started!

quote:
Originally posted by azure turtle
Btw, Krang, are we allowed to personalize our profile? Every time I try to put stuff in it, I get an error message saying "invalid information!" Wassup wit dat?!
Sorry about that, I made a change to the board to hopefully fix that. Let me know if it works.
Nickokapo 05-12-2003 11:33 AM
No prob Happy I havent seen the big-o either Big Grin but i like anime so what the heck...
I was also wondering about personalizing our profiles (More specifically using avatars) so far i had no luck in setting one up.
Krang 05-13-2003 03:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nickokapo
I was also wondering about personalizing our profiles (More specifically using avatars) so far i had no luck in setting one up.
At this forum, you have to upload your avatar instead of linking to it. Just make sure it's no bigger than 100x100 pixels and 14.6KB. Let me know if you have any problems uploading one (or updating your profile).
dontebell 05-13-2003 02:06 PM
hi everyone.it me dontebell
Kittie heavenly6 05-15-2003 05:51 AM
hmm I maybe just be slightly stupid, but I don't see how to upload an avatar.. the only thing I see says "Use Avatar?" And the Option "no" Is there away to change that so the option says "yes"? Any help would be appreciated!!
Nickokapo 05-15-2003 06:46 AM
Welcome dontebell Big Grin
Same here gk, it only says 'no' when i click on avatar in the profile config :p there's nowhere to upload it.
Oh well nevermind, it's just an avatar...at least the sig is working Cool
Krang 05-15-2003 06:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie
hmm I maybe just be slightly stupid, but I don't see how to upload an avatar.. the only thing I see says "Use Avatar?" And the Option "no" Is there away to change that so the option says "yes"? Any help would be appreciated!!
Oops! Sorry, I checked the Admin CP and avatar uploading for users was turned off. I turned it on, so everyone should be able to upload avatars now.
Kittie heavenly6 05-15-2003 10:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie
hmm I maybe just be slightly stupid, but I don't see how to upload an avatar.. the only thing I see says "Use Avatar?" And the Option "no" Is there away to change that so the option says "yes"? Any help would be appreciated!!
Oops! Sorry, I checked the Admin CP and avatar uploading for users was turned off. I turned it on, so everyone should be able to upload avatars now.


lol, ok good to know it wasn't just something I was doing wrong! Pleased
Thanks krang
tasuki 05-20-2003 10:55 AM
HOw do you upload them?
Krang 05-20-2003 10:21 PM
Go to the Avatar section under the profile button and choose "Yes" for "Use Custom Avatar." Then click the "Browse..." button underneath that and choose a GIF, JPG, or PNG image on your hard drive that is under 100x100 pixels in size.
Nickokapo 05-29-2003 12:05 AM
Hey...It's working now, Krang, thanks Big Grin
Now y'all can appreciate shun's greatness :p dunno for how long the sig pic will be hosted tho.