[Suggestion] Post % Thing

Seraphim 06-16-2004 09:13 PM
I've noticed on other forums, they have a neat little feature that tells you what % of posts someone has (where their majority is). It would be displayed in the profile.

Something like: 64% of posts were in the Speakeasy.

Is there a plugin for this possible? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
evanASF27 06-16-2004 09:38 PM
can already tell you where most of my posts areTongue *points to the ocean surrounding Paradigm City*

...yah the MFL... Pleased ...used to be the Speakeasy though...meaning The Speakeasy thread ;_; ...IT'S A CONSPIRACY I SAY!!! Crying Tongue
X Prime 06-16-2004 09:43 PM
It's possible, but decidedly pointless and would require a bit more resources.
evanASF27 06-16-2004 09:56 PM
also why would you want such a thing? ...I mean if YOU know where you post, that's great, and if others want to know where you post they can just use "search".
Krang 06-16-2004 10:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
I've noticed on other forums, they have a neat little feature that tells you what % of posts someone has (where their majority is). It would be displayed in the profile.

Due to the fact that the server is already acting up, I can't integrate it into the forums (since it would slow them down more), but I could possibly write a separate script to graph the percentages (for example, in a pie chart) and link to it on everyone's profiles. I'll see what I can do once I have some free time.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 12:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

Due to the fact that the server is already acting up, I can't integrate it into the forums (since it would slow them down more), but I could possibly write a separate script to graph the percentages (for example, in a pie chart) and link to it on everyone's profiles. I'll see what I can do once I have some free time.

OK, cool. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Krang 06-17-2004 02:35 AM
Click the "%" link on your (or anyone else's) profile. Smile I didn't have time to make it look fancy yet, but all the necessary info is there.
Kittie heavenly6 06-17-2004 03:26 AM
That's pretty nifty! I dig it
R.Smith 06-17-2004 03:28 AM
I said it in a pm, but I want to also say it here:

Big Grin Great Job Krang!Big Grin You always listen to what others have to say Cool
X Prime 06-17-2004 05:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Click the "%" link on your (or anyone else's) profile. Smile I didn't have time to make it look fancy yet, but all the necessary info is there.

That was done pretty fast. Very nice.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 08:54 AM
Wow. That was REALLY quick. Thanks. ^_^ It's pretty awesome. It'll be spectacular if pie charts were added at a later date.
evanASF27 06-18-2004 04:21 PM
hmm

Now here's an interesting question. Do the posts in Smith Mansion INCLUDE posts made in the MFL subsection? Or are they different totals?
Zopwx2 06-18-2004 04:24 PM
WOW! Thats so cool.

I just love these little statistic thingys.

It seems the majority of my posts are in the Smith Mansion.....
Seraphim 06-18-2004 04:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
hmm

Now here's an interesting question. Do the posts in Smith Mansion INCLUDE posts made in the MFL subsection? Or are they different totals?

They're different totals.

And the stat page looks really spiffy now. Thanks. Big Grin