[Question] What's the policy on swearing?

Cecil XIX 10-08-2003 07:49 PM
So far I've just assumed that anything said on the actual show is okay, but it seems like a good idea to make sure. While it is stated that the limit is excessive swearing, I'd assume that some words just aren't allowed.

Is this the case?
dawnstrider 10-08-2003 08:17 PM
Forum's rule:
quote:
Please avoid excessive use of swearing. The word filters are there for a reason, so don't try to bypass them

I take "excessive" as having evey other word you state being a swear. Plus, I would think that some of the vulgar words are to be avoided - particularly those relating to aspects of the human anatomy. Of course, this shouldn't be too difficult to determine; just think to what extent you would be disgusted in a conversation saturated with explitives. I hope that helps a little; Krang or Shredder might be along later with a proper answer Smile .

Edit:
quote:
don't think anyone should intentionally post sweared words on the boards, its just safer and more curtious that way. the policy is "DONT!", but I'm sure we can all understand if it happens once in a while...

Of course, that is the more desirable method. Slip-ups do happen on occasion, but they should be particularly rare when you're typing Smile . Besides, some mombers here are pretty young, and I don't doubt that many visitors are as well. I'm not a prude, and I don't mind that much, but I think we should always watch who we might offend Smile .
Manji 10-08-2003 08:24 PM
I don't think anyone should intentionally post sweared words on the boards, its just safer and more curtious that way. the policy is "DONT!", but I'm sure we can all understand if it happens once in a while...

quote:
Originally posted by dawnstrider
I take "excessive" as having evey other word you state being a swear.

Sadly... that sounds like a fun thing... like turetts syndrome Big Grin

Parents, put the bucket on the the young ones head for the words below, this was only meant as a joke...

spoiler (highlight to read):
Hey Damnit! What f***! Are sh** You bastard Up bitch To?
Jeff 10-08-2003 08:27 PM
I love the word bastard! I've been using it quite alot here, and I haven't been told not to use it, so I assume its okay to say bastard here!

LMAO, rat bastards!....Thats about as far as i'd go with the swearing though, except for the occassional @$$
SharpDressedMan 10-08-2003 08:32 PM
So far I've only been using words like that like when they are said durring the show. I don't see much point in using them other times. Like I said in Smith Mansion as a matter of a fact I really don't see much point in having the cursing in the show to begin with.
David F 10-08-2003 09:45 PM
My philosophy is: In moderation. Just don’t make a sentence just using four letter words and your ass should be bitchin’. See look at that, that’s how dem pros do it!
Mugiwara Luffy 10-09-2003 11:21 PM
I would say that anything that can be said on television should be allowed to be said here as well.
pen1300 10-10-2003 05:32 PM
Swearing is in the rules. We have filters, but then people know how to bypass them. Sweatdrop I've seen it...

quote:
I would say that anything that can be said on television should be allowed to be said here as well.

They are getting to be A LOT more loose than they used to be. Now they can say S--- and a-- and crap (though that's becoming a little less of a swear word.) Besides, Big O doesn't really have to be bleeped because its after 11... if I know the policy right.

I have edited a post because I felt it was too much swearing.

Excessive swearing: Like the post I edited...though I will not send you to it.

I think excessive is the stuff you hear on the streets: "Yo, that [bleep bleep] son of a [bleep] ripped my [bleep] wallet right out of my [bleep] pocket while I wasn't [bleep] looking. I can't believe his [bleep] of a girlfriend is [bleep] helping him with his [bleep] job."

OK! That's enough! I think you guys can get the point. (Yes, humans actually talk like that! I can't believe anyone would use so much without thinking about it!) Also if there is a LOT of words in a post...I mean, an occasional word here and there doesn't bother ME, but as stated earlier, Krang or Shredder will be along to give you the full story on swearing.

My policy: if you can avoid it, DO! You can always say Shoot instead of something else, or even just use BLAST IT! as swearing.

And the ever wonderful rule that everyone SHOULD follow:

THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!

Later,
Pen1300
C.R Foxhound 10-10-2003 06:10 PM
quote:

I think excessive is the stuff you hear on the streets: "Yo, that [bleep bleep] son of a [bleep] ripped my [bleep] wallet right out of my [bleep] pocket while I wasn't [bleep] looking. I can't believe his [bleep] of a girlfriend is [bleep] helping him with his [bleep] job."

Big Grin thats sounds like me on a bad day,yea pen people do talk like that, ever been to L.A.?

but seriously, everything in moderation(or in this case spairngly)
Little things should be allowed but dont go of the damn wire and just go rapidfire

i swear to god i need a spellchecker
Tickle Tickle 10-10-2003 06:53 PM
It seems most swears, excpet for [...] are allowed. Smile
Kittie heavenly6 10-10-2003 11:23 PM

Censor Bypassing is not allowed....
And Looking at the way you did it, I can tell you did it on purpouse.
Krang 10-11-2003 12:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Umino
It seems most swears, excpet for [...] are allowed. Smile

From the rules:

quote:
Please avoid excessive use of swearing. The word filters are there for a reason, so don't try to bypass them.

Since you obviously lack the common sense not to bypass the filter, you now have a warning. Like Pen said, THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!