| paul1290 | 04-09-2005 06:13 PM |
If you haven't seen my other two "Pauls thoughts" theories then i suggest you go back and read them before reading this.
Here's the links:R-D = Dorothy Prototype
Hard Drives and Artificial Skin
Also, this is probably the last Dorothy related theory I'm gonna make for a while so if you want another one then please post a question about Dorothy on this thread and I'll try to make a theory to answer it. Otherwise, I'll move on to other topics.
These are two different theory's about how Dorothy's sense of touch may work. However, I am aware that some people don't think she has a sense of touch so if your one of them then go view another thread or something.
Theory 1: Capacitive sensors
This theory would use technology commonly found in fingerprint detectors on minature devices. Sensors beneath the Artificial skin would transmit a small electrical field that would detect disturbances in the skin. Pressure and texture would come from how the the surface is disturbed or distorted upon contact with an object. Pain would also come from these sensors because they would be able to detect any breaks or cuts in the skin. Temprature would be detected through small temperature sensors also placed below the skin.
Theory 2: Sensory Crystals
I'm not going to take all the credit for this one because the idea behind this theory actually comes from Zola's fanfic called "Beneath the Surface". I don't know if Zola knows it or not but using crystals as sensors could actually work. There are crystals, like quartz, that emit an electrical current when pressure is applied to them. I use quartz as an example because it is naturally occuring, but it is possible to produce crystals artificially the are more sensitive and also react to heat. These would be dispersed beneath the skin and sensors would detect the small electrical currents made by these crystals when they are acted on by a physical force or heated.
Here's the links:R-D = Dorothy Prototype
Hard Drives and Artificial Skin
Also, this is probably the last Dorothy related theory I'm gonna make for a while so if you want another one then please post a question about Dorothy on this thread and I'll try to make a theory to answer it. Otherwise, I'll move on to other topics.
These are two different theory's about how Dorothy's sense of touch may work. However, I am aware that some people don't think she has a sense of touch so if your one of them then go view another thread or something.
Theory 1: Capacitive sensors
This theory would use technology commonly found in fingerprint detectors on minature devices. Sensors beneath the Artificial skin would transmit a small electrical field that would detect disturbances in the skin. Pressure and texture would come from how the the surface is disturbed or distorted upon contact with an object. Pain would also come from these sensors because they would be able to detect any breaks or cuts in the skin. Temprature would be detected through small temperature sensors also placed below the skin.
Theory 2: Sensory Crystals
I'm not going to take all the credit for this one because the idea behind this theory actually comes from Zola's fanfic called "Beneath the Surface". I don't know if Zola knows it or not but using crystals as sensors could actually work. There are crystals, like quartz, that emit an electrical current when pressure is applied to them. I use quartz as an example because it is naturally occuring, but it is possible to produce crystals artificially the are more sensitive and also react to heat. These would be dispersed beneath the skin and sensors would detect the small electrical currents made by these crystals when they are acted on by a physical force or heated.